Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Page 3

<< First    < Previous                                                         Next >    Last >>
 << First    < Previous                                                         Next >    Last >>

Speaking of aquatic comic characters . . . (and I hesitate to share this link because it's sending you to a place of awesome, incredible, stupendous art that makes me look like a 4th grader . . . a talented 4th grader, but a 4th grader none-the-less) (nothing against 4th graders, incidentally, I was one myself once) (and if I stopped providing links to artwork better than mine, I'd never post links here, would I?) Project Rooftop announced their winners and runners-up (runner-ups) (could I use more parentheses in one sentence?) for their most recent contest: redesigning Aquaman (one of the few mainstream characters I would love to get a chance to write) (managed to get another parenthetical in there!).

The contest itself is not big news, although I really enjoyed looking at the winners. What I was excited about was to see my good friend Mike Maihack was one of the runners-up. Runner-ups. Whatever. And I loved his interpretation of Aquaman.

The contest can be found here: Aquaman Sea Change Winners

Mike Maihack can be found here: his blog or his ultra-awesome webcomic Cleopatra in Spaaace! (which you know is awesome because by spelling "space" with three A's he's telling you exactly what you're getting: Cleopatra, space, and pulp adventure) (and I just got in a few more parentheticals).

If you're enjoying Broken Trident, I'd love to hear from you. I know, three pages -- especially three pages that don't reveal much -- isn't really enough to know if you like something. Still love to hear from you, even if it's to say "three pages -- especially three pages that don't reveal much -- isn't really enough to know if you like something".
~ Ben

0 comments:

Post a Comment