Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Page 1

<< First    < Previous                                                         Next >    Last >> 
 << First    < Previous                                                         Next >    Last >> 

So this is the first real page of the comic. I hope you enjoy it . . . 

I'm very tempted to post more than just this page to let some of the story out faster, but I just think at this point it's better to keep those pages in reserve so I don't lose my buffer. So I'm taking the whole "slow burn" webcomic approach, and I hope you'll come along for the ride.
I'm a writer by trade, having been published by Marvel, Image, Zondervan, and a number of small press publishers. I'm doing this comic because I have a story to tell and want to have fun telling it. I've found that when I draw, I not only gain appreciation for artists, but I also gain perspective for my writing. Scripting a comic is, above all else, writing directions for someone else to follow, so when I take up pen and pencil (among other things) it's a chance for me to "walk a mile in the artist's shoes". I relish the opportunities to stretch and grow as a writer. And I recommend to comic book writers: even if you cannot draw, take the time to draw comic pages. You will learn so much from it. So, for Broken Trident, in a lot of ways you're seeing an exercise in writing . . . an exercise in writing that will hopefully allow me to grow as a writer . . . and an exercise in writing that will hopefully be a fun story for readers to follow.

To stay apprised of when new pages get posted, you can follow my Twitter account, Whisperingloon or you can "LIKE" my facebook "fan page". If you have any comments, please leave them below (keeping in mind, this is a family show folks) or drop me a line on Twitter! Thanks!

~ Ben

0 comments:

Post a Comment